If you have a scientific paper on the subject of built heritage that you would like to publish in the Transsylvania Nostra Journal, please read the following document carefully.
The evaluation process
The evaluation process will be a double-blind review (the evaluators will not know the name of the paper's author, nor the author will know the name of his evaluators); the members of the Editorial Board will do an initial evaluation, establishing the referents who seem the most suitable to make an expertise on the subject of the paper, and who can carefully analyse it.
During the evaluation process the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Technical evaluation (including the style and language);
- Importance of the research field, originality, level of innovation of the ideas and/or the analysis;
- Knowledge of the subject's field gained from reference studies, and/or empiric/applicative study;
- The quality of the used methodology, organizing the material, formulating and presenting the ideas of the paper, the structure of the paper;
- References to other works of the author on the same field, the importance of the subject in the studied field, contributions to knowledge.
The articles should be written in one of the following languages: Romanian, English, German or Hungarian. If you have a translation in English (if the article itself is not written in English), please send that too.
- Paper format: A4
- Margins: top 2,0 cm, bottom 2,0 cm, left 2,5 cm, right 2,0 cm, / line spacing 1,5
- Title (font: Times New Roman 14 Bold)
- Text (font: Times New Roman 12), size: maximum 8000-10000 characters including spaces
- List of illustrations (drawings and/or photographs). Please send the illustrations separately from the text in .jpg or .tif format, size: minimum 300 dpi, 1MB
- You may use special characters, if needed
- Do not use CAPS LOCK!
- The article should be sent with a short presentation or a Curriculum Vitae of the author. The first file will include only information about the author/authors (institutional affiliation, a short presentation of the position held, area of research), as well as the e-mail address/addresses. The second file will include the complete manuscript. This file will not contain any information about the author/authors, but it will include an abstract of the paper (maximum 5-10 lines), the keywords, the illustrations and the list of illustrations.
Prior to being published, the paper has to go through the following steps:
The papers should be submitted electronically, via e-mail, as attachments (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) or on electronic support (CD, DVD, flashdrive, etc.) to the editorial office, at the following address:
Editorial Office Transsylvania Nostra
Breaza St., No. 14
Editors will select the articles which comply with the submission requirements. The articles which fail to meet the submission requirements will not be reviewed.
Two members of the Editorial Board will do an initial review on the article's scientific quality and appoint two referees for a specialized complete review.
The referees, specialists on the article's subject, will do the complete review of the article.
Articles which correspond to these scholarly standards will be proposed for publication. The articles written according to the standards but need some changes or improvements will be returned to their authors. Articles which do not meet the scientific standards will be rejected.
As a result of the evaluation process that will take approximately 40 days, the authors will be notified about the status of their paper:
- accepted for publication, with no changes needed
- accepted for publication with small changes needed
- accepted for publication with major changes needed
The authors will also receive an evaluation feedback form of their article.
After the evaluation process the authors will be invited to enter a waiting list for getting published or to continue the evaluation process with making the required changes. Only the papers accepted by the Editorial Board are going to be published.
The authors of the articles will receive two free copies of the issue in which their paper has been published.